Welcome to Second Grade
Meet Mrs. Sompayrac
Mrs. Sompayrac has been a part of the St. John Neumann School community for almost 20 years in many different capacities. She has four boys: one in college, two high schoolers, and one in PK. She has been a parent, a teaching assistant, a coach, and a teacher.
Second Grade at a Glance
- Daily, integrated faith formation across subject areas
- Mass 2x/week, Mass readings and gifts; faith retreats at school
- Engaging, hands-on science and math activities, & social studies including:
- Rocks & minerals, states of matter, magnets
- Place value/computation, fractions, linear & capacity measurement
- Maps & communities, ‘All About Tennessee,’ producers & consumers
- Writing across content areas
- Superkids language Arts Program
- Weekly ‘Specials’ classes- Tech, Art, P.E., Music, Spanish, Library
February – SJN Sacrament of First Reconciliation
April – SJN Sacrament of First Eucharist
Friday Folders come home each Friday. please check and clean out your child’s Friday Folder each week.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to complete the form below.
2nd – Sompayrac
Mon:Tech 11:50-12:20 PE 2:25-2:55
Tue:Lib 1:50-2:20. Span 2:25-2:55
Thur:Span 1:15-1:45 PE 2:35-3:00
Fri:Art 11:50-12:20 PE 1:10-1:40